First, I want to thank PoojaG for nominating me. Even though she’s half my age, I still enjoy her blog and her unique perspective. Just goes to show that you can have friends of all ages and backgrounds. Now my answers to the questions:
- What is your favorite book? Oooh – difficult. There are so many to choose from here. I guess my favorite of all time would be “Jayne Eyre”. She came from nothing and made all her dreams come true. My runner up would be “A Day in the Life of Evan Denisovich”. Here we have a man sentenced to what amounts to the rest of his life in a Russian prison, and yet the day he writes of is a good day because he eats and gets to go outside. He knows he will never get out of the prison, so he finds whatever he can to be optimistic. It’s a lesson in finding the good in a bad situation.
- What song do you currently have on repeat? I have an eclectic taste in music, from classical (I was raised as a classical violinist) to Louis Armstrong to Alanis Morrisette, Sheryl Crow, Christian rock, and Weird Al Yankovic. I do so also love the soundtrack from “The Greatest Showman” as well as some more modern rock music. If I were to name my favorite right now, it would be “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong. You can’t compare to Louis.
- Which season (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) of the year describes you. I like to think I’m Summer. I have gotten over the nervousness of figuring out who I am and for what I stand. I am comfortable with myself and feel I’m in full bloom.
- What is your favorite musical band that you’d love to have a great surprise for one of your special events? Newsboys – They are awesome!!! My runners up? Francesca Batistelli and Lauren Daigle. Great!
- The best quality you expect from your loved ones? Mention one…We have a tie: compassion and honesty. I can’t chose just one. They’re both equally important!
- What makes a good blog? Honesty, compassion, awesome pics and gf recipes if you got ’em! Lots of things. Cute kids/puppies/kitties, etc. are always fun; just anything that is interesting/makes my laugh!
- Your favorite vacation? If you haven’t already figured this out – I’m poor! I don’t generally go on vacation. However, of the trips I’ve taken, I think my favorite was to Canada on tour with my youth orchestra. We visited Montreal, Toronto, and Quebec. By far my favorite was Toronto. I loved the modern, young, hip vibe. It was awesome to be there as a teen!
- Your proudest moment? When I finally got my now ex-husband out of the house to stop him from abusing all of us. Also, when my divorce was final and he got no rights to see the kids so he could no longer hurt them or me; and my restraining order.
- The greatest movie of all time? Oh, crud! There are so many from which to choose! I guess that would have to be “Mr. Holland’s Opus”. It is a wonderful movie with music, the deaf community, marital issues, friendships, and the people we touch along the way. Runners up would be “Hidden Figures”, “The Help”, and many other kick-butt women movies. Whew! That was hard!!!
- Wealth or health? Since I’ve never had wealth, that question is easy – Health all the way!
- Your favorite cocktail/mocktail ever? Virgin Pina Colada. How can coconut and pineapple be wrong? Too much yum!!! If you’re looking for alcohol, try a Tom Collins – Lime – yum!!!
Whew! Didn’t think I would be able to do that. What a challenge! Now I’m passing it on to the following bloggers. Please answer the questions and nominate 11 of your favorite bloggers and ask them to answer the 11 questions.
email@example.com (a blog about homemaking and trying to eat more healthily)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Grieving Parents Share Hope)
Roberta Franklin at romanceloversite.com (a writer not just of a blog, but also of two adventure books.
Unfortunately, being new to the blogosphere, I only have five bloggers to nominate. So sorry, but I do look forward to connecting with all of you in the near future. Best of luck to all of my new friends!